Ahhh, Fall has arrived and the Holidays are around the corner. (don’t remind me!) All the hustle and bustle of shopping, and parties, wrapping and baking can leave you frazzled and run down. There is not enough time in the day to get everything done and take care of you.
So, here are a few tips to keeping yourself healthy and beautiful this season:
- Eat at least 4 meals a day – Many of us don’t plan our meals and before we know it, it’s 4:00 and we didn’t eat breakfast! Right? Buy some high protein snacks that you can carry in your bag for when your hungry. Keeping your sugar levels up, working that metabolism and helping your immune system is very important to your health and looks.
- Extra moisturizer – Dry scaly legs, static cling, and fly aways are all signs of lack of moisture. You should switch your shampoo and conditioner to Ultra Hydrating or Intensive. It also won’t hurt to take an oil supplement like Flax or Omegas, this will lubricate from the inside which also helps your joints and heart.
- Wash your hands - So many germs are shared this time of year and everyone is at risk of a winter cold. Being a little ‘germ-a-fobe’ will raise your odds of getting sick. Especially if your in public places or restaurants, hundreds of people don’t wash and they touch everything you do.
- Two liters a day – I know you don’t want to hear this but, you have to drink your water! Especially when celebrating the holidays (and that spiked eggnog!) Think of a plant that you haven’t watered in a week. The leaves start to crack, brown and wilt and the dirt gets dry, but after you water what happens? Leaves look plump, green and vibrant! Try to carry a bottle with you so you can sip all day, but measure how much. Try to drink close to 2 liters and you will see a difference in your skin.
- Stretch – Your running, working, shopping and hopefully dancing this season and your body starts to get stiff. Stretching is so healthy for your muscles and helps keep the blood flowing. Take 10 minutes before bed and give yourself some love by stretching. By keeping flexible, your risk of injury is lowered and your posture will be better.
- Sunday hour - Not friday happy hour, lol! This is YOUR hour! Giving yourself just one hour of uninterrupted time to take a bubble bath or give yourself a pedicure, helps your mood all week. Sundays are great for a facial or hair mask to make you feel relaxed and pampered. You deserve some time to regenerate and relax.
- Laugh Out Loud - Laughing is the best medicine! It boosts your mood, works your abs, reduces stress, lowers blood pressure and strengthens immune system. It can connect you to others (hello popularity!), and it is contagious. Share a laugh with coworkers often to boost creativity and problem solving skills.