What are you going to wear on New Year’s eve?
I’m going out this year and I want to look stylish, sexy but not over done.
I came up with this….what do you think? ;)
$259 - frockaholics.com
£160 - mango.com
$995 - barneys.com
$385 - lagarconne.com
$1,300 - 1800loosediamonds.com
£275 - farfetch.com
€232 - pret-a-beaute.com
In the spirit of Resolutions, I have a few great skin strategies to help keep you looking healthy and young. Skin is our largest organ, and we really need to take care of it daily. Start with these few steps and I guarantee you will see results.
- Wear sunscreen everyday ~ Doctors have been telling us for years but do you really do it? Put it next to your concealer so you don’t forget!
- Moisturize after the shower ~ As soon as you towel off, slather the cream on. Don’t let your skin dry out. A quick trick is to mix your self tanner with your moisturizer to look like you spent the weekend at the beach.
- Take your makeup off before bed ~ I’m guilty of this one, especially if I had a fun night out. Just think of all the dirt and oils you accumulated during the day just filling up those pores, clogging them and making them look larger. Ewww…
- Clean after a good sweat ~ Most people don’t wash right after a spin class because they cool down and most likely have some errands to do before getting home. Bring some wipes with salicylic acid to clean out those impurities, and don’t forget your back. Change into some clean, dry clothes and hop in the shower as soon as you get home.
- Yearly Dermatologist visit ~ Especially sun worshipers, need to get a mole and skin check. Early detection is key.
- Exfoliation ~ A good, gentle scrub helps rejuvenate tired, dry skin. By exfoliating once or twice a week, lets the fresh skin shine and helps your natural renewal process.
- Be nice to your hands ~ They are a great give away of our age. Using anti-bacterial gels can dry out and help skin get cracked and wrinkled. A good idea is to put on a moisturizing cream or even Aquaphor ointment before bed time. This locks in moisture to plump skin and keep it soft.
- Clean those make-up brushes ~ Soooo much bacteria is trapped in those brushes and can cause lots of acne and clogged pores. I advise to wash them with soap and water but let them really dry out. Same with loofa sponges and body puffs. Wash frequently and keep them in a dry clean place.
- Don’t touch your face ~ I know its so hard to not touch a big lump in between the eyes, but really, you will just make it bigger. Especially when you have those 10x magnifying mirrors!!! OMG, you can pick all day! I have tried the toothpaste myth but it never worked for me. Really try not to touch, but if you have too and its ready to go, use a tissue and be gentle. I recommend calling for a facial appointment and let a professional show you the proper way to extract.
- Drink your water and keep a healthy diet ~ Don’t forget that the food you eat is nourishing your organs, hair and nails. I have seen so many pretty girls obsess over their weight, stop eating real meals, thus resulting in hair loss accompanied by acne and dark circles. Healthy skin is very important, so don’t forget to feed it.
When it comes growing old gracefully, I will be the first one to say that “It’s so over rated!” lol. Why not take a few minutes per day to slow down the process and look the best we can. I know that you will see results within a few weeks if you keep these tips in mind. New Year, new you! =)
The month of December went so fast that you forgot to plan that get together for New Year’s eve! I prepared a quick guide to a great Bash that won’t make you crazy.
- Set the time for late….this gives you more time to get things done.
- Give friends a call or post on Facebook….get the word out there before your friends make other plans.
- Get decorations….Balloons, streamers, hats and noise makers. I love anything that glows like night sticks or funky champagne glasses. Re-use the christmas balls in glass towers or canisters, even use the lights to line the room for a festive feel.
- Ask for help….don’t be shy to ask everyone to bring something. Whether its a dish or a bottle of wine, most people don’t mind to share the burden.
- Set the mood…. light some candles and dim the lights. Choose the right music that make or break your party ambiance.
- Serve some finger foods….little pigs in the blanket, potato knish, or spinach rolls. Keep the menu easy to eat and snacky. You want people to pick all night. Have paper plates and plastic cups handy for easy clean up.
- Create a signature cocktail….Make a quick punch that everyone can fend for themselves. Keep some top shelf liquor on hand for toasts and shots.
- After the ball drops….I usually love champagne and strawberries so I have a fresh fruit tray handy. Another good idea is to have bagels, muffins or morning pastry to hand out as a party favor. Trust me, if your rowdy guests don’t have to make breakfast the next day, you will be the Rock Star!
- Look Fantastic and have fun! This is the time to reflect on the past and move forward with your future. Smile and feel the excitement of new beginnings and new treasures.
Don’t let them fool ya, men do like a little romance and seduction once in a while. Behind every strong man is a more powerful woman and we do have the power to turn the heat up a little this winter. Here are sexy gift ideas that don’t cost much for your sweety to help sizzle your holiday season.
- Cook him his favorite dinner ~ Yes, it is the way to a man’s heart and also always appreciated. Dim the lights, send the kids to their friends house and add some candles. Enjoy the quiet and ambiance of being together with great conversation and maybe a bottle of wine. A wine bottle opener, decanter, or a pocket flask are great gifts if your man is a connoisseur.
- Shaving kit ~ This is so old world but I love the sexiness of it. It is so hot if you can give him the shave but if thats not your thing, a pocket watch or wallet chain would be a great gift and fit in this classic style.
- Playtime vouchers ~ Be creative with this one. Make your own gift certificate for something that he would totally love. Is it a free sunday to play golf with the boys or a coupon for a foot massage. This can be fun or dangerous, but make it something that you will want to honor.
- Bubble bath ~ This is the most understated gift. Fill a basket with some massage oils, or bath beads with a romantic CD and even a new robe and a bottle of bubbly. Make him know that this warm sexy night of wet playtime is at his dispose and he will light up with excitement.
Long luscious lashes are on every celebrity and the hottest accessary this season. Lash extensions are a bit pricey and some of them that the nail salons are doing, can pull out your own lashes and you are left with bald spots….(not attractive..lol)
Back in the day, you couldn’t catch my grandmother with out lashes, not even in the hospital!! haha. She slept with them, had a box for them and was put to rest with them (RIP Nanny). Strip lashes are so 60′s hippie chic but I have a great new and easy way to make that $4.00 item, Fabulous!!
- Before you start your eye makeup, use your eye lash curler. I like to heat it for a minute under a warm blowdryer so it acts as a curling wand. Proceed doing all your make up as usual, even your mascara.
- Take one lash and cut it in two. Don’t be afraid to trim them with a scissor. I like to angle them to the eye it will be going on, like a wing effect.
- Using a tweezer, hold the piece of lash and apply just a little glue. Don’t be messy with this step, I like using the dark color glue. It dries like a dark liner. Just place it on top of your lashes near the base of the lid, at the outer corner only.
And waa laa! Long flirty lashes in seconds! What’s great about this is, it won’t ruin your natural lashes, they wash off when you wash your face and you get 2 usages out of one pair! So it only cost you $2.00 for this fantastic look.
Flirt away sistas! ;)
A hot trend that I see all over the place is the one armed tops and dresses. I personally love them and think they are a pretty feminine look for most. Here are some cute styles that I stumbled across.
Today I had a day where something pretty dramatic happened in my life and it put me on a new path. Scary as it is, sometimes we go thru changes in our life without direction. But something just came to my mind that put me on a path of encouragement and appreciation.
I am a Woman and we are powerful creatures. We can go thru hell and back in a pair of heels. We sacrifice ourselves for other people and we nurture when someone is hurt. We are cameleons of life, and I am proud to be one.
Thanks for listening.
Bring it on!! =)