Top 5 resolutions
I’m so excited that the New Year is finally here and I’m looking forward to all the new beginnings that this year has to offer me. Among the usual “resolutions” like lose weight, or get organized….I thought I would share my top 5 for 2012.
- Save more money ~ One way I’m going to start saving is to utilize online sales. There are so many ways to save when buying online with promo codes or coupons. I recently ordered an area rug for the bedroom renovation from Target and saved 15% with a promo code.(you couldn’t do that in the store) Another favorite site is Overstock.com for name brand items usually with free shipping.
- Give more to Charity ~ In 2011, I found myself doing more for charity than ever before. I did a food drive for a local food pantry, donated clothes and shoes, sponsored 2 children for Christmas thru the Salvation army, and donated sheets, towels and blankets to local animal shelters. Its so rewarding to know that you are making a difference in the world.
- Bring lunch to work ~ Buying lunch everyday can really add up. I learned that bringing a healthy lunch and snacks from home helps save me money and keeping me on track with my diet. Plan a few snacks to grab on the run so you don’t break down at Starbucks. Put $10 a day in a jar and see how fast it accumulates.
- Practice better communication ~ Sometimes being brutally honest with people is difficult, or standing up for your rights can be a challenge. Be aware of your weak areas and make an effort to be conscious of how you handle things. Little changes can make a negative situation to a positive step forward.
- Take a multi-vitamin ~ Even with a healthy diet, you can be lacking some nutrients. I advise going to a nutritionist or get tested for a supplement that can strengthen your immunes system, and keep your organs healthy. Your skin will be brighter, your hair and nails will be stronger and you will have more energy. Why would you skip a day?