All of us have had some days of gloom because we are not as young as we once were, but here are some tips to brighten you up and help you embrace your beauty no matter what age.
Look younger now in 5 steps!
- Moisturize your skin inside and out. Slather on creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acids to smooth fines lines, wear your sunblock and drink lots of water. This combo can plump up the wrinkles and skin for a youthful glow.
- As we age, we have more to conceal. Pick cream or liquid concealers to cover those shadows and blemishes. Lose the loose powders that sink into the creases. Skin will look more radiant and fresh.
- Don’t over pluck those brows. After years of pruning, some brows get smaller and smaller and even penciled on. By keeping the brows thicker and fuller, keeps a great contour to your eye and an adolescent appeal. Use a powder that is a shade lighter (or for blondes a shade darker) and fill them in with a contoured brush.
- Lashes tend to face down and droop in our later years. Grab that eyelash curler and give them a whirl. Curling your lashes give a bigger and brighter look even with out mascara.
- Try a different color liner. For so many years we used a black liner to give a hard accent on the eyes, but as we age, softer is better. Grey, Plum and Brown liners give a rich hue to shallow eyes and help bring out the natural sparkle to your beautiful complexion.
Try these quick tips and see the difference!
Let your inner beauty shine! =)
Spring has sprung and the flowers are blooming! It’s time for open toe shoes and flowing silhouettes….so what’s in style for
Thanks to fashion week here in NYC, I have the first look on the newest trends and styles for the season to come. This year one of the biggest trends for clothing is bold colors. Color blocking, Prints and Metallics are a must have for clothing and leads the way for hair to help compliment the look.
- Sun kissed lites are a soft way to ease into the warmer weather. By putting a few, thin, strands of golden apricot or beachy beige, can make you look brighter and add depth to any color. Think JLo…
- Ombre is still a smokin hot look this season. I have seen blondes do pastel ends, brunettes do hot vibrant reds and even red heads do auburn ends. The sky is the limit for this trend, but I don’t advise to do this at home. Have a pro do it and can last you till the fall.
- Shiny, rich solid colors look healthy and fresh. By getting a glaze or gloss in the salon, can help camouflage your dry ends and adds a deep metallic shimmer.
- Soft curls and volume bring a new feel to the same ole’ haircut. Pull out those rollers or curling iron and add some movement. Sweep it to the side for a romantic feel accompanied by a flowing floral maxi….that’s a great spring look!
- Throw it up in a braid, headband or up-do. Tis the season to show off that beautiful face of yours….even add a flower clip.
There you have it….a few cool ideas to help you feel fresh for a great season ahead…Enjoy =)
What some women wouldn’t give for thick, bouncy hair. We pay hundreds of dollars on extensions, products and services but what is the best way to
Make your hair grow faster and healthier?
Start by your eating habits. Good nutrition is key to great hair and skin, not to mention good for your entire body. Try to eat lots of dark green vegetables, salmon, eggs, nuts and beans. A balanced diet with lots of protein and veggies is the best way to get those tresses in tip top shape.
Supplements are an important part of your nutrition. Vitamins such as B, C, A, Biotin, Inositol and Niacin are crucial to your hair and overall health. Don’t overload, too much of a good thing might backfire on you. Take as directed and you will have better results.
Sleep and stress need to be under control. Try doing some meditation or yoga before bed to relax and clear your mind. A deep sleep causes your body to heal and repair your daily damage so try to get 7-8 hours per night.
Massaging your scalp can help stimulate the follicles and start the growth process. Take your time shampooing your head and give your self a minute massage. Feel invigorated and refreshed every day while kickstarting your scalp’s circulation.
Treat your hair nicely. Splurge on yourself by getting frequents trims, hot-oil and conditioning treatments, be gentle while hair is wet and try not to wear tight ponytails. Hair is fragile and needs some TLC if you want it to stay around.
Remember, hair should grow 1/4-1/2 in per month but with these few tips, it will increase your growth at least 1/2 in……thats 6 inches per year! Be healthy and beautiful =)
Plumping, volume, thickness and length is all we ask for, right? Long lux lashes are easy to get with the right mascara.
Here are my top 5 picks for the best mascara
1~Voluminous false lashes by Loreal- love this because it has fibers that create length. You can really work this product and doesn’t clump.
2~Flawless Definition volumizing mascara by Bare Minerals – the thick teddy bear brush gets every little hair to make it look like your wearing a strip of falsies.
3~They’re real by Benefit – this has a great comb like applicator with an extra spikey ball on the end to get in the corner of your eye for a full lash effect.
4~Extra volume Collagen by Loreal – is great even in waterproof. It gives you thick lashes all day without flakes.
5~Inimitable by Chanel – a total splurge but worth every dime. I love the plastic pointy comb! It’s also great for a second coat.
Let me know what our favorite is and why….I love to try new beauty products. Enjoy your weekend =)
This sexy siren has brought many smiles and styles to the red carpet over the years but this look has brought back a classic appeal.
How to do Penelope Cruz’ up-dp from the 2012 Oscars
- Start with setting your dried hair in hot rollers. Roll your hair under and around the roller while tucking the ends . This gives amazing body and loose curl. Leave them in until they are cool.
- Brush and tease the crown while pushing the curls into big waves. Use a light working hairspray at the roots to keep that volume.
- Pin the back of the nape hair under in a roll to create a faux bob style.
- Smooth and sculpt those waves on the front and sides into old Hollywood finger waves and spray in place.
Add a feather or broach for a little more vavoome! Have fun and be creative =)
Want fuller, bigger, juicy lips?
Don’t we all love big, full, juicy lips like Angelina or Kim Kardashian?
Here are some great beauty tips from our friend Sara from Paint cosmetics.
First it starts with how you line your lips. Hold the pencil on an angle to prevent thick lines – and start with the center of your top lip (or the cupid’s bow) creating the shape of a heart to even out the lip shape and make them look pouty – then bring the line to the corners.
Start the bottom lip in the center of the lip to the corners as well. Apply lipstick……then for an extra fullness, apply a light gold or pink gloss just in the center near the cupid’s bow and pucker up! For more definition after lipstick and gloss is applied, go over the bow and center of bottom lip again with the liner. Enjoy!
Any makeup or beauty questions, contact Sarapaintcosmetics@gmail.com
If you love JLo, then you can’t forget that white dress from the Oscars. She slipped out at the after party and rocked a deep, dark sequin gown but what everyone was talking about (beside the wardrobe malfunction) was the Hair!
How to recreate JLo’s hairdo in 3 easy steps
- Brush all your hair into a very high pony tail. Let it sit right on the top of your crown, nice and tight. Use alittle pomade or shine cream to get that slick, shiny base.
- Separate the ponytail into 4 sections. Tease each piece for extra volume because the bun needs to be full. Smooth with the side of your comb without ruining the tease.
- Take a section and roll it out towards your face. Tuck those ends under and pin. Take the next section and do the same but try to connect to the two seamlessly. Use some hairpins and large bobby pins to secure and some good hairspray to hold.
Waalaa….This is great look for medium to long hair. Having a dramatic hairdo like this can dress up any outfit. Practice and enjoy =)