Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but trends come and go.
Give your personal style a little ‘Spice’ with these 3 beauty trends for Spring 2012.
Stronger brow ~ Brush and fill them in with some powder ….try a shade lighter than your natural color. This gives a deep brow illusion while being sculpted and youthful.
Lush Lashes ~ Will give you that extra twinkle in your eye, just as long as they are realistic and trimmed. Try just extending your outter lashes for a natural flirt look.
Bold Lips ~ Make a statement with a deep color this spring. Some colors tend to run so always line the full lip first. This will help the stay power and the depth all day.
Spring is sprung!!! The warmer weather is here, bright colors are all around us and it’s time for a little change. My favorite way to get ready for the change of season is a new hair color.
Here are Spring Hair Color Trends for 2012
Red heads tend to wash out to a brassy orange if not maintained regularly. To make your auburn locks pop, add a few apricot or honey hi-lites just around your face. The multi tonal locks will be brighter and cheery.
Blondes have more fun when there are a few pastel streaks. This semi-permanent trend is a great way to show your personality with out being drastic or scary.
Rich Brunettes are deep but when you add a few peek-a-boo lites in a caramel or toffee, you will add dimension and tones. The ombre trend is fantastic for any color to make a subtle change.
Mousy brown locks are not the most flattering but sometimes hair color can be scary. Ask ur stylist for a semi-permanent glaze/gloss to add some undertones. A rich cherry cola gloss is a great way to make the plunge.
Dirty blondes tend to look greasy and blaahh. Brighten your complexion with some hues of platinum, gold and sand. Multi colors in blonde look more natural and grow out without a nasty root line.
Dark espresso or black hair can pull the color out of your face and make you feel white as a ghost. Lighten those locks to a shade of chocolate with hand painted lites of ginger. Warmer colors can compliment your skin and make you look sun-kissed.
I always recommend visiting a professional stylist when chemicals need to be used.
You work hard and deserve to treat yourself….you will feel like a million bucks! =)
After a long winter of gloomy days and cold temperatures, a trip to the beach sounds dreamy right now. Everyone knows that a tan in a tanning bed is not the safest thing for your skin or your health so how can we feel sun kissed?
Here are tips you need to master a sunless tan at home.
How to use a “Tan in a Can”
- Start with a clean slate. While in shower, use a scrub to exfoliate all the dead skin cells and remove excess hair from legs and bikini area.
- Moisturize with a scented lotion. Pick your favorite perfume and add a drop to your moisturizer or pick a creme that has a sweet scent. This helps camouflage the sometimes unpleasant smell of the tanning creme or spray.
- Stand in shower and start to apply. When using a spray, start high and work down. Take your time….spray with an even stream and turn your body instead of the can. Sometimes its hard to see if you missed any spots but if you are slow and steady, it will spray evenly.
- Wipe your toes, hands and bottom of feet. These areas tend to be more porous and get stained by the tint. Wash hands and wrists with soap and water so you don’t get a build up of color. This is a dead giveaway!
- Don’t wear white today. Tanning sprays and creme lay on the surface of skin so I recommend wearing dark colors for the first few hours. Once its dry, it won’t rub off as much. Be extra careful if you are going to sweat or if its raining. If you do get wet, dry immediately and rub to blend.
Sunless tans are a great way to feel like you had a weekend on the beach without the damage of UVA rays. If you master this technique, you will never feel the winter blues.
Happy Tanning! =)