Now that summer is here, beachy waves are a super sexy look for long hair…..
How to get the perfect Beachy Waves
- Start your damp, clean hair with a styling mousse or volume spray only on the roots around the whole head. Use an anti-frizz oil or creme on the rest of the hair and massage down to the ends. This will give you maximum volume that has shine and definition.
- Try to air dry for 10mins while twisting big sections of hair into spirals. Use your dryer facing down (on low) and squeeze those spirals into the palm of your hand until dry.
- Flip your head up-side down and dry your roots with dryer on high for a few minutes. When you flip back you will have lots of volume and in need of some finger combing and placing.
- I like to use a wax mousse or sea salt spray to calm and sculpt your waves around your face. If need further curling, use an 1 1/2″ iron…curl big sections in different directions so the waves are not the same. Run your fingers thru the curls so it loosens softly.
*A great tip for curly hair ~ When you are going to the beach or backyard bbq, put a leave in conditioner thru and twist all your hair into a low bun with a hair tie. When you take it down in an hour or so….your hair will have gorgeous, sexy, beachy waves. =)
Is your hair dull, washed out and lifeless?
I have a few beauty tricks that can help you get shiny hair now!
- Do you have colored hair or is your natural color is dull and mousy? Ask ur stylist for a gloss or a glaze. These ammonia free, peroxide free colors give a hint of color and an amazing shine. They are also available in clear for just a shimmer effect. It will wash out in 6-8weeks.
- Take an Omega supplement before bed. These essential oils are great for your heart, bones, hair and skin. You will never have static or dry, scaly skin. Feed your hair from inside out.
- Give it a cool rinse. Cold water will help close the cuticle of the hair and will result in a shinier appearance. Especially if your are a red head, cold water will help make your color last longer.
- Use a frizz oil or creme before and after blowdrying. Rub a little dab in your hands and work it into your ends for extra moisture. Some will even act as a heat protectant.
- Use a nozzle on your blowdryer. All the newer dryers come with a nozzle that compresses the air into a strong stream. This helps smooth down the fly aways and gives you more power for volume and dryness.
- Back off the flat iron! Every time you use a flat iron, it is damaging your hair shaft. If you need to just smooth after drying, make one pass with iron…quick and only on ends.
- Hot oil or natural masks can bring life back to brittle hair. Pick up a Vo5 treatment or mash an avocado with a vitamin E capsule ( or mayonnaise ). Leave on for 15-30mins under a cap or tinfoil. Shampoo out and condition…your hair will thank you! =)