Now that summer is here, beachy waves are a super sexy look for long hair…..
How to get the perfect Beachy Waves
- Start your damp, clean hair with a styling mousse or volume spray only on the roots around the whole head. Use an anti-frizz oil or creme on the rest of the hair and massage down to the ends. This will give you maximum volume that has shine and definition.
- Try to air dry for 10mins while twisting big sections of hair into spirals. Use your dryer facing down (on low) and squeeze those spirals into the palm of your hand until dry.
- Flip your head up-side down and dry your roots with dryer on high for a few minutes. When you flip back you will have lots of volume and in need of some finger combing and placing.
- I like to use a wax mousse or sea salt spray to calm and sculpt your waves around your face. If need further curling, use an 1 1/2″ iron…curl big sections in different directions so the waves are not the same. Run your fingers thru the curls so it loosens softly.
*A great tip for curly hair ~ When you are going to the beach or backyard bbq, put a leave in conditioner thru and twist all your hair into a low bun with a hair tie. When you take it down in an hour or so….your hair will have gorgeous, sexy, beachy waves. =)
Is your hair dull, washed out and lifeless?
I have a few beauty tricks that can help you get shiny hair now!
- Do you have colored hair or is your natural color is dull and mousy? Ask ur stylist for a gloss or a glaze. These ammonia free, peroxide free colors give a hint of color and an amazing shine. They are also available in clear for just a shimmer effect. It will wash out in 6-8weeks.
- Take an Omega supplement before bed. These essential oils are great for your heart, bones, hair and skin. You will never have static or dry, scaly skin. Feed your hair from inside out.
- Give it a cool rinse. Cold water will help close the cuticle of the hair and will result in a shinier appearance. Especially if your are a red head, cold water will help make your color last longer.
- Use a frizz oil or creme before and after blowdrying. Rub a little dab in your hands and work it into your ends for extra moisture. Some will even act as a heat protectant.
- Use a nozzle on your blowdryer. All the newer dryers come with a nozzle that compresses the air into a strong stream. This helps smooth down the fly aways and gives you more power for volume and dryness.
- Back off the flat iron! Every time you use a flat iron, it is damaging your hair shaft. If you need to just smooth after drying, make one pass with iron…quick and only on ends.
- Hot oil or natural masks can bring life back to brittle hair. Pick up a Vo5 treatment or mash an avocado with a vitamin E capsule ( or mayonnaise ). Leave on for 15-30mins under a cap or tinfoil. Shampoo out and condition…your hair will thank you! =)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but trends come and go.
Give your personal style a little ‘Spice’ with these 3 beauty trends for Spring 2012.
Stronger brow ~ Brush and fill them in with some powder ….try a shade lighter than your natural color. This gives a deep brow illusion while being sculpted and youthful.
Lush Lashes ~ Will give you that extra twinkle in your eye, just as long as they are realistic and trimmed. Try just extending your outter lashes for a natural flirt look.
Bold Lips ~ Make a statement with a deep color this spring. Some colors tend to run so always line the full lip first. This will help the stay power and the depth all day.
Spring is sprung!!! The warmer weather is here, bright colors are all around us and it’s time for a little change. My favorite way to get ready for the change of season is a new hair color.
Here are Spring Hair Color Trends for 2012
Red heads tend to wash out to a brassy orange if not maintained regularly. To make your auburn locks pop, add a few apricot or honey hi-lites just around your face. The multi tonal locks will be brighter and cheery.
Blondes have more fun when there are a few pastel streaks. This semi-permanent trend is a great way to show your personality with out being drastic or scary.
Rich Brunettes are deep but when you add a few peek-a-boo lites in a caramel or toffee, you will add dimension and tones. The ombre trend is fantastic for any color to make a subtle change.
Mousy brown locks are not the most flattering but sometimes hair color can be scary. Ask ur stylist for a semi-permanent glaze/gloss to add some undertones. A rich cherry cola gloss is a great way to make the plunge.
Dirty blondes tend to look greasy and blaahh. Brighten your complexion with some hues of platinum, gold and sand. Multi colors in blonde look more natural and grow out without a nasty root line.
Dark espresso or black hair can pull the color out of your face and make you feel white as a ghost. Lighten those locks to a shade of chocolate with hand painted lites of ginger. Warmer colors can compliment your skin and make you look sun-kissed.
I always recommend visiting a professional stylist when chemicals need to be used.
You work hard and deserve to treat yourself….you will feel like a million bucks! =)
After a long winter of gloomy days and cold temperatures, a trip to the beach sounds dreamy right now. Everyone knows that a tan in a tanning bed is not the safest thing for your skin or your health so how can we feel sun kissed?
Here are tips you need to master a sunless tan at home.
How to use a “Tan in a Can”
- Start with a clean slate. While in shower, use a scrub to exfoliate all the dead skin cells and remove excess hair from legs and bikini area.
- Moisturize with a scented lotion. Pick your favorite perfume and add a drop to your moisturizer or pick a creme that has a sweet scent. This helps camouflage the sometimes unpleasant smell of the tanning creme or spray.
- Stand in shower and start to apply. When using a spray, start high and work down. Take your time….spray with an even stream and turn your body instead of the can. Sometimes its hard to see if you missed any spots but if you are slow and steady, it will spray evenly.
- Wipe your toes, hands and bottom of feet. These areas tend to be more porous and get stained by the tint. Wash hands and wrists with soap and water so you don’t get a build up of color. This is a dead giveaway!
- Don’t wear white today. Tanning sprays and creme lay on the surface of skin so I recommend wearing dark colors for the first few hours. Once its dry, it won’t rub off as much. Be extra careful if you are going to sweat or if its raining. If you do get wet, dry immediately and rub to blend.
Sunless tans are a great way to feel like you had a weekend on the beach without the damage of UVA rays. If you master this technique, you will never feel the winter blues.
Happy Tanning! =)
All of us have had some days of gloom because we are not as young as we once were, but here are some tips to brighten you up and help you embrace your beauty no matter what age.
Look younger now in 5 steps!
- Moisturize your skin inside and out. Slather on creams with Alpha Hydroxy Acids to smooth fines lines, wear your sunblock and drink lots of water. This combo can plump up the wrinkles and skin for a youthful glow.
- As we age, we have more to conceal. Pick cream or liquid concealers to cover those shadows and blemishes. Lose the loose powders that sink into the creases. Skin will look more radiant and fresh.
- Don’t over pluck those brows. After years of pruning, some brows get smaller and smaller and even penciled on. By keeping the brows thicker and fuller, keeps a great contour to your eye and an adolescent appeal. Use a powder that is a shade lighter (or for blondes a shade darker) and fill them in with a contoured brush.
- Lashes tend to face down and droop in our later years. Grab that eyelash curler and give them a whirl. Curling your lashes give a bigger and brighter look even with out mascara.
- Try a different color liner. For so many years we used a black liner to give a hard accent on the eyes, but as we age, softer is better. Grey, Plum and Brown liners give a rich hue to shallow eyes and help bring out the natural sparkle to your beautiful complexion.
Try these quick tips and see the difference!
Let your inner beauty shine! =)
What some women wouldn’t give for thick, bouncy hair. We pay hundreds of dollars on extensions, products and services but what is the best way to
Make your hair grow faster and healthier?
Start by your eating habits. Good nutrition is key to great hair and skin, not to mention good for your entire body. Try to eat lots of dark green vegetables, salmon, eggs, nuts and beans. A balanced diet with lots of protein and veggies is the best way to get those tresses in tip top shape.
Supplements are an important part of your nutrition. Vitamins such as B, C, A, Biotin, Inositol and Niacin are crucial to your hair and overall health. Don’t overload, too much of a good thing might backfire on you. Take as directed and you will have better results.
Sleep and stress need to be under control. Try doing some meditation or yoga before bed to relax and clear your mind. A deep sleep causes your body to heal and repair your daily damage so try to get 7-8 hours per night.
Massaging your scalp can help stimulate the follicles and start the growth process. Take your time shampooing your head and give your self a minute massage. Feel invigorated and refreshed every day while kickstarting your scalp’s circulation.
Treat your hair nicely. Splurge on yourself by getting frequents trims, hot-oil and conditioning treatments, be gentle while hair is wet and try not to wear tight ponytails. Hair is fragile and needs some TLC if you want it to stay around.
Remember, hair should grow 1/4-1/2 in per month but with these few tips, it will increase your growth at least 1/2 in……thats 6 inches per year! Be healthy and beautiful =)
Plumping, volume, thickness and length is all we ask for, right? Long lux lashes are easy to get with the right mascara.
Here are my top 5 picks for the best mascara
1~Voluminous false lashes by Loreal- love this because it has fibers that create length. You can really work this product and doesn’t clump.
2~Flawless Definition volumizing mascara by Bare Minerals – the thick teddy bear brush gets every little hair to make it look like your wearing a strip of falsies.
3~They’re real by Benefit – this has a great comb like applicator with an extra spikey ball on the end to get in the corner of your eye for a full lash effect.
4~Extra volume Collagen by Loreal – is great even in waterproof. It gives you thick lashes all day without flakes.
5~Inimitable by Chanel – a total splurge but worth every dime. I love the plastic pointy comb! It’s also great for a second coat.
Let me know what our favorite is and why….I love to try new beauty products. Enjoy your weekend =)
Want fuller, bigger, juicy lips?
Don’t we all love big, full, juicy lips like Angelina or Kim Kardashian?
Here are some great beauty tips from our friend Sara from Paint cosmetics.
First it starts with how you line your lips. Hold the pencil on an angle to prevent thick lines – and start with the center of your top lip (or the cupid’s bow) creating the shape of a heart to even out the lip shape and make them look pouty – then bring the line to the corners.
Start the bottom lip in the center of the lip to the corners as well. Apply lipstick……then for an extra fullness, apply a light gold or pink gloss just in the center near the cupid’s bow and pucker up! For more definition after lipstick and gloss is applied, go over the bow and center of bottom lip again with the liner. Enjoy!
Any makeup or beauty questions, contact Sarapaintcosmetics@gmail.com
Last week I asked Sara from Paint cosmetics if she would give us some tips on how to do a Smokey Eye. Thanks girl! The feedback on that post was awesome so I asked her to give us some more.
It seems like a popular question this week was..
“How do I make my eyes Pop?”
No matter what color your eyes are, Sara from Paint cosmetics says …”Many people think you have to match the color of your eyeshadow to your eye color….but they’re wrong! You always want to go opposite to accentuate your eye color.”
Example: to make brown eyes look seductive use shades of plums, rich golds or forest greens in the crease. These colors are very versatile and remember they don’t have to match exactly with whatever you wear perfectly – which is what makes make-up so creative and fun!
To make Green or hazel eyes look look like the Mediterranean ocean, use shades of bright yellow golds, burnt browns, corals or with mauve in the crease. These are great colors to accentuate any eye – but especially bring out the different tones in green eyes. (For more of a night look, sweep the mauve color all over the lid but make sure not to go too high above the crease)
To make blue eyes look brighter than the sky, you can use light pinks, dusty browns, and silvers. Try a blue grey tone in the crease for a twist on a traditional smokey eye or sweep the whole lid for night time drama.
Of coarse every eye looks good with smokey grey and black however the base color that you use will accentuate the eye more, and gives you more of a night look.
If you would like a complimentary make-up lesson- you can come visit us at Bangz hair color and lounge in Bellmore, NY or email Sara with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.