Do you have too many parties and not enough to wear?
Here are some great ideas to switch up the look of your favorite lil black dress…
- Add a little jacket, bolero or a shrug ~ This is a great idea for strapless dresses on a chilly night. Keeping the color closest to the dress makes it look like it belongs there.
- Try boho chic ~ Layer some necklaces and wear high boots. This creates an “easy like sunday morning” feel. Great for a casual party or dinner date.
- Go glam ~ Sexy up-do, crystal earrings, and some ‘hot shoes’, can make a plain ensemble into Smoking Hot!
- Wear booties ~ If you can pull it off, booties give a refreshing spin to dresses. Add a leather jacket and this fresh look can be worn on a fun night out.
- Color accents ~ Try adding a red bag or wear shoes in a bright blue, pick one area of interest and pop in some color. Try a red lipstick or a nude shoe for a little dramatic look.
- Belt it up ~ This can easily create shape and make you look 5lbs thinner. (Yay, I love belts)
Try any of theses tricks with the same `ole black dress and fool your friends into thinking that you are a shopaholic.
Have fun and enjoy! =)
Every season there are new trends but how do you pull in a trend with out overkill? If you have a basic wardrobe of simple yet stylist clothes, trends are a great way to accessorize. Think of bags, scarfs, hats or coats when in a business or work environment. This is not the place for bold, bright and overwhelming colors or fabrics. Even keep you hair and makeup a little subdued, you don’t want to be talked about at the water cooler.
When you wear trends, try to do one at a time. I’ve seen this too many times where someone absolutely loves cheetah and insists on wearing in from head to toe….ewww…you don’t want to look like a crazy cat lady! Or someone who loves the trend of feathers so they have feathers in their hair, feathers on their shirt with feather earrings…too tacky!
Hair is a fantastic accessory but should it follow a trend? When the “pob” (or Posh bob) came back around, I saw sooooo many people chop all their hair off to just be trendy. Some looked Fantastic!! But some needed a paper bag! Just because it is a trend, doesn’t mean that it is good for everyone. And shame on the stylists that did the same cut on every single person that walked in.
Try to do trends a little more subtle and you will see how it accents your style. For instance if you are going to wear a trendy top, keep the rest of you neutral and add a great bag. Or keep you colors neutral and pop a colored belt or necklace to pull in some style. Take it easy and you will be surprised how trends can make your style classy and up to date.
Here we are again with 2 weeks till Thanksgiving. Are you hosting a family gathering? Going to Aunt Sally’s with the fam? Bringing that famous apple pie that you make every year?
I bet you are not thinking of what you will be wearing…I’m going to give you a few holiday looks that work in any situation, and works with any age and shape.
- Little black dress = I know that you have at least one, or can find one in any rich fabrics such as satin, silk, crepe or even velvet. Even if you have worn it before with the same people, change it up with a sequin belt, a stunning necklace or a shiny scarf.
- Lace = The fabric is so sexy and can really look casual or very glitzy. In a top, it should give enough peek-a-boo but not too much. Even a lace skirt is timeless with simple accessories and a great shoe.
- Sequins = Any color looks so festive in sequins. Throw a sequin or metallic shirt under a blazer and jeans and it will look great. Careful that you don’t over do and wear it head too toe. A little goes along way.
- Rich colors = Jewel tone colors are so rich and look great on everyone. Try deep purples or hot reds in a satin dress. Try a nude shoe or do a black stocking with a black pump, this will help elongate your sexy legs.
The best accessory is a big smile….don’t over think the small stuff and live in the moment……enjoy! =)