While listening to Whitney Houston’s beautiful voice all day (RIP), I finished my bedroom project. This project of mine was to re-do my bedroom with a few inexpensive changes and do it all my self. Since I am a handy little female, these projects are so fun to me. Trying to find deals on line and being a little creative with the same space I have been living in for 13 years. I try to be innovative and thrifty and I really like the way it came out.
A funny story about the paint color of the new walls….I fell in love with the color while over one of my clients house. I took the code number off the can and had it custom made for my room. When I get home from the store, I ran to try this paint on the wall and ….it isn’t much different than the old color!! OMG! LOL! Uggg, I’m stuck with it! So, I threw in a darker accent wall that travels back down the stairway into the living room. Looks nice!
Here is a few before pics of the mess….don’t hold it against me.
Dressing room ~ before
Next to the desk ~ before
Very messy desk ~ before
Ok, thats hard to look at, it really was in desperate need for a paint job and some organizing! So, with a little, paint, some cyber sales, and a few weekends of elbow grease, here is the finished look…
Ikea chandelier $20
I love shoes..hehe (dressing room)
Stenciled closet doors
Next to the desk....much more cozy ;)
Crystals and candles hang from the tree
New desk and electric fireplace
It's pretty at night
It’s a great feeling of accomplishment when I come home and walk into my new bedroom. Be creative and explore something new….=)
Once again, celebrities are gathering for the awards gala in LA. The styles are breath taking and so trendy.
What can we learn from the Sag Award Styles styles?
Braids and headbands are as HOT as ever. Check out these chic styles….
White “Hot” gowns were a big hit! Strapless silhouettes showing off your best assets in pale hues.
Elegance in black. Many stars used this classic look to light up the red carpet.
Hair is the ultimate accessory and I loved the softness of the waves with volume and style.
Even sleek ponytails are made long an elegant.
Try some of these styles at home and remember, life is not a dress rehearsal so walk down your own red carpet! =)
One fun trend that came out of the Golden Globes is headbands. From Charlize Theron to Michelle Williams, this accessary is a great way to dress up or style your look for any day.
How can you incorporate this trend into your style?
- Bohemian Chic ~ For a shabby, hippie look you can take a strappy band and place it around your forehead instead of your hairline. You can even make a thin braid with your hair and pin across your forehead. Viola…..instant chic..
- Scarves ~ Printed scarves are so soft and trendy for any cut with bangs. Just back comb the area right behind the bang to give some hight. Place the scarf on the part where the bang and the poof meet, tie in the back near your neck. So cute!
- Beaded or metallic ~ If you are the type that loves your long loose locks, place a shiney band about 3 inches back for the hairline. Pull some of the hair over to cover the sides of the band.
- Fabric ~ Part your hair on the side and place this band on the hairline. Pull some strands out to softly frame your face. Fabric flowers are a great way to pull in some color and add a fresh look to any outfit.
- Double strap ~ Tease the crown of your hair and slick the front back with a thin strappy band. This also can be use on your forehead for and fun boho look.
Wedding style ~ This will be a big trend for Brides this year. Thick crystal bands are an elegant accessary. Keep the rest of the jewelry subtle so the focus is on your head. This can be worn with many hairstyles so it is very versatile. Feathers create a soft, 40s style feel and is making headbands a great fashion statement.
Accessaries are great way to wear the trends. Be creative and show off your inner stylista! =)
This style is easy, effortless and super sexy for a night out. It was all over the Golden Globes so I thought I would share some Stylist tips so you can do this at home.
- First prepare your hair with a shine oil and volumizing mousse so your ends are sculpted and not frizzy.
- Blow dry upside down and a little rough to accentuate the natural waves.
- Take a 1 – 1 1/2 barrel curling iron and just go around your head and touch up some of the strands that didn’t co operate.
- Start pulling back the strands and pull it to the side, and let the hair fall around the face.
- Twist into a messy bun and wrapping and pinning sections piece by piece.
- Use some hair spray to secure the loose pieces and throw in an old broach, pretty pin or even flowers. Having George as an accessary is a great idea too ;)
So many ways to wear this look so practice and be creative.
Take some pics and send them to me….I would love to see your work =)
This is a question that confuses some but is natural for others. What exactly is Style?
The definition is: the manner of doing something, design or arrange in a particular way. Style is the way people perceive you, I like to say it’s your outer skin. Can style be good, bad or indifferent? Or is it a matter of taste?
Style is the way we express ourselves, its a reflection of our inner feelings and thoughts. Style is everything we do, what we say, what we look like…….what is your style?
People who are depressed, disorganized or unhappy with the way life has treated them, usually looks disheveled, messy and distraught…..they don’t have the energy to or care to show any style. (Am I lying?)
Let’s start the new year with a new outlook! Everyday, we will get dressed with conscious effort! When you are going to work, make sure you look professional and powerful. When you are getting ready to go to the park with the kids, look casual, comfortable but in control of the situation. When you are going to the grocery store, be comfortable but proud to be healthy and blessed to be alive and well.
Trust me, when you put yourself together, get your life organized and learn to strive to be the best you can be, your “Style” will shine and so will your life. I believe that your inner happiness is a style that is unique and separates you from the rest.
Life is choices, choose wisely!
Have a great weekend =)
I have been engulfed in the redecorating of my bedroom/office since the holidays and its almost done. Between painting and searching online for deals, I haven’t had much time to blog (sorry). Waves of ideas come to my head but I’m trying to keep it under a budget and easy to do.
Having this project was not only fun but it really feels good to be starting a new year with a different flare. My home is a cottage built in 1920 and has so much quaint style. What is your home style? Here is some of my inspirations and great ideas.
Who doesn’t love boots? Tall, thigh highs or booties, there is a boot for everyone. This year, riding boots are truly a popular trend and I found some great steals on my sponsored sites to the right. Find your favorites and grab the discounts!
Happy Shopping =)
Don’t let them fool ya, men do like a little romance and seduction once in a while. Behind every strong man is a more powerful woman and we do have the power to turn the heat up a little this winter. Here are sexy gift ideas that don’t cost much for your sweety to help sizzle your holiday season.
- Cook him his favorite dinner ~ Yes, it is the way to a man’s heart and also always appreciated. Dim the lights, send the kids to their friends house and add some candles. Enjoy the quiet and ambiance of being together with great conversation and maybe a bottle of wine. A wine bottle opener, decanter, or a pocket flask are great gifts if your man is a connoisseur.
- Shaving kit ~ This is so old world but I love the sexiness of it. It is so hot if you can give him the shave but if thats not your thing, a pocket watch or wallet chain would be a great gift and fit in this classic style.
- Playtime vouchers ~ Be creative with this one. Make your own gift certificate for something that he would totally love. Is it a free sunday to play golf with the boys or a coupon for a foot massage. This can be fun or dangerous, but make it something that you will want to honor.
- Bubble bath ~ This is the most understated gift. Fill a basket with some massage oils, or bath beads with a romantic CD and even a new robe and a bottle of bubbly. Make him know that this warm sexy night of wet playtime is at his dispose and he will light up with excitement.
Watch how much fun you will have when you give these gifts that make him know how special you are. In the long run, you will benefit and look like the best partner in the world. When all else fails, go with anything electronic or Apple. lol.
They are only human. ;)
Do you have too many parties and not enough to wear?
Here are some great ideas to switch up the look of your favorite lil black dress…
- Add a little jacket, bolero or a shrug ~ This is a great idea for strapless dresses on a chilly night. Keeping the color closest to the dress makes it look like it belongs there.
- Try boho chic ~ Layer some necklaces and wear high boots. This creates an “easy like sunday morning” feel. Great for a casual party or dinner date.
- Go glam ~ Sexy up-do, crystal earrings, and some ‘hot shoes’, can make a plain ensemble into Smoking Hot!
- Wear booties ~ If you can pull it off, booties give a refreshing spin to dresses. Add a leather jacket and this fresh look can be worn on a fun night out.
- Color accents ~ Try adding a red bag or wear shoes in a bright blue, pick one area of interest and pop in some color. Try a red lipstick or a nude shoe for a little dramatic look.
- Belt it up ~ This can easily create shape and make you look 5lbs thinner. (Yay, I love belts)
Try any of theses tricks with the same `ole black dress and fool your friends into thinking that you are a shopaholic.
Have fun and enjoy! =)