As little girls, we all loved makeup but do you use it as an accessary? Studies show that women who wore makeup are perceived to be more competent an trust worthy. At the office, keep your face natural but flawless. You want your boss to think you are powerful and trustworthy. Night time style can be more colorful and glamorous, for a playful look. Here are some tricks of the trade to keep in mind when your not so confident in your make-up skills.
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eye ~ Hey, it happens to the best of us, but how can we camouflage them? Start with a good moisturizer just for under eye. Look for one that has some caffeine, this has a lifting and tightening effect that works great for those sleepless nights. Try an illuminating cream beside the eyes, tops of cheekbones and across your forehead. I have even used a light shimmer shadow on the inner corners near your tear duct.
- Dark shadows that concealer can’t hide ~ Use it to your advantage and do a smokey eye. Line your eye with a smokey liner or shadow in a chocolate brown or grey. Use a clean q-tip to smudge the line so it looks soft.
- Blood shot eyes ~ Are a dead give away that you went out last night, so grab the Visine or Clear eyes. Instead of the usual black mascara, try a color like navy. This can make your whites look brighter and sparkly.
- Pale and pasty skin~ To look natural and sun kissed, add a few drops of bronzer in your moisturizer or foundation. The copper gold color will neutralize the greenish, grey undertones. Add a pink blush on the cheeks to look more flush and healthy.
- Lips are dry and cracked ~ I can say it a million times but “drink your water!” Hydration is key for your skin but if your are in need of help, try using aquaphor under a natural lipstick. Try corals or neutral pinks. Colors help brightens the face and even a shimmer make the lips look more plump and kissable.
I hope theses little tips can help and I would love to hear what your feedback. Drop me a line if you have a great tip to share. =)
Tis the season to Partay, Partay, Partay! How many times are you running out of the office to make it for the open bar hour at a holiday party? Here are some great tips to get yourself glammed up in 5 minutes and look like you spent the day at the salon.
- Darken the color on your face. Adding some dark shadows and lipstick give an instant evening look. Cat eye liner is another cool idea but it takes some practice. A few swipes of a bronzer all over (including in your cleavage, wink wink) will give you a golden, sun kissed glow.
- Throw on something sparkly!! Sequins and glitter are always very glamorous. Faux fur is another way to transform a day look to rock star party style.
- Put on those heels. A great shoe dresses up any outfit. If you are uncomfortable in shoes, shop for a pair with a platform in the front….it makes the heel look higher without killing your arch.
- Do something different with your hair. Put a little perfume on your brush and brush your hair up-side down. This will give you some volume, help you look fresh and smelling sweet. Curls and loose waves are a lux look but if you are pressed for time, try a headband or messy braid. Look for an accessary with beads or feathers for a trendy feel. Even pulling your hair to the side can change your look in seconds.
- Rhinestone earrings are so evening glam! Pretty accessaries can make even a frumpy outfit look shiny and new.
Most important accessary is your smile! Walk into that party knowing that you look fabulous and you will shine!
Have fun and be safe =)
Baby, it’s getting cold outside…Winter is almost here!
Every season, I like to spice up my clientele with a new spin on their cut and color. While we bundle up in chunky scarves and knitted hats, we need a trendy look that can look great under the coldest of temps. What’s the best trends for all types of hair?
- Heavy layers can give a natural wave to almost any hair. This creates movement, volume and texture to all hair types. Try styling it with a volume mousse and blow-dry up-side down. You will have a more relaxed, and soft look that isn’t so styled. Thick bangs are still stylish with cool brown hues. Ombre and natural hi-lites are very warming to the face and can bring in warmth when your feeling pale and pasty.
- Short pixie styles are a great way to show your personality. Make it choppy, wispy, and layered. This is a carefree style that shows your confident self. Blonde crops in sandstone tones wear this classy look well.
- Bring out the curling irons! Big loose curls are a great way to change your everyday look. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant spray and curl away from your face. Never put a brush to curls, use your fingers and comb thru. The loose waves are a sexy yet sophisticated. A quick evening trend is to pull your hair into a side pony tail. This looks chic but fun.
- Make the new year the year for up-dos! Braids, buns and cascading curls are so romantic and sultry this time of year. Icy browns and cool mahogany tones accentuate the dark richness of winter.
- Everyone loves shiny, healthy hair. Gloss and tone are key for color so ask ur stylist for your options. Deep condition once a week and keep your ends cleans. Sleek hi-ponys and straight styles require a shine serum before blowdrying. This will calm the cuticle of your hair and show some reflection.
Have some pictures with you when you go in to your personal stylist. Communication is key, so google away!
I have some great pics on my Pinterest page under Hairstyles.
There is a fine line when it comes to your “Holiday Work Party” and “Girl’s night out.” The last thing you need is to be the joke of the year, so I came up with this simple list to keep in mind when celebrating this year.
- Don’t drink too much too fast! Have a little protein snack before heading out so you can have that first drink and not have it go to your head. Stick to mixed drinks like vodka and soda or gin and tonics. You can easily switch to regular soda and no one will know.
- Find out what everyone is wearing. You don’t want to be the one wearing the ball gown in a cowboy bar. You worked hard all year to create a professional reputation so leave the see-thru shirt and micro mini at home.
- Be the social butterfly. Mix and mingle with everyone including your boss. It’s a great opportunity for them to see who you really are in a relaxed atmosphere so let your personality shine. Try not to talk about work and gossip. (as girls, that might be difficult!)
- Ask if spouses are invited or not. Don’t just assume your other half can come. Don’t take offense, maybe your beau can come after.
- Pay attention to the time. You don’t want to be the first to arrive but you can not be the last on to leave! Stay for a while but not till 2am, dancing on the bar with Chuck the mailman! lol
- Give special thanks to the coordinators who spent so much of their spare time organizing the party. The big boss should personally be thanked for a wonderful time, this puts you in a place of respect that they will remember.
It’s a party so Eat, Drink and be Merry. Let people know what a beautiful person you are inside and out. You will be grateful thru out the year that you did. =)
This holiday season, I want to redecorate my bedroom. Looking for ideas, I stumbled upon these cool pics. Using these as inspiration, I will be posting all about the project when I’m done. Check back in Jan for before and afters.
Yay, I’m sooo excited!! Check these inspirational pics out….
Ok, are you ready for all the hustle and bustle? It’s Holiday party time and I have some tips to help you look ultra thin and fabulous by tonight! (ya never know who might be there!)
- Start your morning off with a cup of green tea. This will help flush out extra water and give you a little detox. When added into body and skin creams, caffeine will act as a mild diuretic and reduce puffiness.
- Eat breakfast and lunch but watch your carbs and dairy. Dairy is slow to digest and complex carbohydrates cause us to retain water. The last thing we need is to be bloated and uncomfortable. Eat lots of greens, veggies, fruit and healthy fats (avocado, olive oils, peanut butter) This will keep you from noshing on the chips and dip and helps avoid getting too tipsy too fast!
- A little color always makes you feel thinner so go ahead and use a self-tanner. Start the night before with an exfoliating scrub. Moisturize with a scented body lotion to help the mask any unpleasant smells. Make sure you take your time and don’t miss any spots. We don’t want you looking like an orange leopard…(or a Snooki!)
- Avoid sugar-free gum and carbonated sodas. This adds air bubbles in your stomach and causes sugary cravings and bloat.
- Don’t forget the correct undergarments. Girls, there is nothing wrong with wearing spanx and feeling fantastic. Not only will it hide the bumps and lumps but it makes you look at least a size smaller.
- Last but not least…stand up straight and confident! Roll your shoulders back and hold your head high. For you are a secure and beautiful woman and you deserve to let loose and have some fun…..cheers =)
Glitz and Glam is a must for the Holidays. Between the shopping and the celebrating, you don’t have much time for pampering yourself. Here are a few quick steps to look and feel “Fabulous” while on a budget for time and money.
- Let it shine ~ Sequins, rhinestones, and metallics can be worn with almost anything. Figure out your most comfortable feature and dress around it. If you have great arms?….wear sleeveless. Great legs….mini dress. Let your best assets help you look and feel fantastic.
- Gold accents ~ This is a hot trend that looks ultra expensive. You can take an ordinary outfit and just add some gold jewels to make it glam.
- The great shoe ~ I don’t care what you wear, it will always look better with a great shoe! This is where you can splurge a little and get something comfortable but yet trendy.
- Fuzzy wuzzy ~ Top your great out fit with a faux fur. Cuddly and warm but uber sexy. Fur vests are really cute with a casual look of jeans, metallic blouse and hot boots.
- Great hair ~ Learn to do your hair!! Practice one fancy style, like an up-sweep, or just a curly do. Hot rollers give a great glam look in just minutes. Now a days, you can youtube anything even a hairdo. Or just bring in a pic to your stylist and they can give you some pointers.
- Red lips ~ This brings an instant brightness to your face and a glam style to any look. Use a lip primer before applying to secure that it won’t run.
With all that said, I’m sure you will look extremely sexy and ready to partay! Go enjoy….Kiss~Kiss
As the cooler temps roll in, we are all looking for some warmth. We tend to wear more layers, richer fabrics and deeper colors. So does the trends in hair color. Think of melted chocolates, warm brownies, caramel almonds, and toasted apricots when thinking of warming up your hair color. There are many ways to give yourself a lift and a new look without breaking the bank.
Find pictures of what you like! Stylists love when you bring ideas and are willing to do something a little different. A semi-permanent gloss is a fantastic way to deepen your color while adding shine and reflection.
Spice up your old hi-lites with creamy toffee tones. I use the term ‘re-cycle’ when I gloss all the hair except for a few strands around the hairline. This brightens your face and looks like you went on a vaca, and have a sun kissed look. Adding mahogany or root beer hues to washed out ends can revive your locks and make it look healthy and thick again.
There is a whole color wheel of possibilities when you are in the world of color. I highly advise you “don’t try this at home” and find yourself a reasonable stylist that you are comfortable with. Leave it to the professionals when chemicals are being used because the integrity of your hair is at stake. Playing with boxes can led to spending more money if you run into a problem and damage to your hair that can take a long time to fix.
You deserve to treat yourself and look your best.
Have you ever been told that you remind someone of a celebrity? Do absolutely love a certain celebrity’s style? Try this trick to figure out your own style.
- First find a celeb around the same age as you, with in 9ish years? (If you are a grandmother, please don’t copy Blake Lively..lol…if ya know what I mean) Pick one that you have respect for and like their everyday style.
- Do you have a similar body shape? This is where you have to be real with yourself. If you love Kate Hudson but you have the shape of Queen Latifah, this can not work. Be honest, there are so many beautiful celebs in so many different sizes.
- Google them. Once you have an idea of who you are similar to, check out some of their style pics. This can give you ideas of what cuts in clothing you might look fabulous in. Maybe you love their hair, or maybe they wore a dress that would look great for the wedding you have next month. Just get some style ideas.
- Finally, shop for them. When you are in Macys, pretend that you are buying that celeb a gift of a new blouse. What would she wear, what color can accent her best feature, where would she wear this? Keep this mind when trying things on and you would be surprised how open minded you will become about trying new things.
I hope this helps broaden your style and I would love to hear who your celebrity is and how he/she influences your style. =)
Here we are again with 2 weeks till Thanksgiving. Are you hosting a family gathering? Going to Aunt Sally’s with the fam? Bringing that famous apple pie that you make every year?
I bet you are not thinking of what you will be wearing…I’m going to give you a few holiday looks that work in any situation, and works with any age and shape.
- Little black dress = I know that you have at least one, or can find one in any rich fabrics such as satin, silk, crepe or even velvet. Even if you have worn it before with the same people, change it up with a sequin belt, a stunning necklace or a shiny scarf.
- Lace = The fabric is so sexy and can really look casual or very glitzy. In a top, it should give enough peek-a-boo but not too much. Even a lace skirt is timeless with simple accessories and a great shoe.
- Sequins = Any color looks so festive in sequins. Throw a sequin or metallic shirt under a blazer and jeans and it will look great. Careful that you don’t over do and wear it head too toe. A little goes along way.
- Rich colors = Jewel tone colors are so rich and look great on everyone. Try deep purples or hot reds in a satin dress. Try a nude shoe or do a black stocking with a black pump, this will help elongate your sexy legs.
The best accessory is a big smile….don’t over think the small stuff and live in the moment……enjoy! =)