I’m so excited that the New Year is finally here and I’m looking forward to all the new beginnings that this year has to offer me. Among the usual “resolutions” like lose weight, or get organized….I thought I would share my top 5 for 2012.
- Save more money ~ One way I’m going to start saving is to utilize online sales. There are so many ways to save when buying online with promo codes or coupons. I recently ordered an area rug for the bedroom renovation from Target and saved 15% with a promo code.(you couldn’t do that in the store) Another favorite site is Overstock.com for name brand items usually with free shipping.
- Give more to Charity ~ In 2011, I found myself doing more for charity than ever before. I did a food drive for a local food pantry, donated clothes and shoes, sponsored 2 children for Christmas thru the Salvation army, and donated sheets, towels and blankets to local animal shelters. Its so rewarding to know that you are making a difference in the world.
- Bring lunch to work ~ Buying lunch everyday can really add up. I learned that bringing a healthy lunch and snacks from home helps save me money and keeping me on track with my diet. Plan a few snacks to grab on the run so you don’t break down at Starbucks. Put $10 a day in a jar and see how fast it accumulates.
- Practice better communication ~ Sometimes being brutally honest with people is difficult, or standing up for your rights can be a challenge. Be aware of your weak areas and make an effort to be conscious of how you handle things. Little changes can make a negative situation to a positive step forward.
- Take a multi-vitamin ~ Even with a healthy diet, you can be lacking some nutrients. I advise going to a nutritionist or get tested for a supplement that can strengthen your immunes system, and keep your organs healthy. Your skin will be brighter, your hair and nails will be stronger and you will have more energy. Why would you skip a day?
Remember that life is choices and in order to be that best you can be, you need to:
Keep moving forward
Happy New Year to all! =)
Today is a day to appreciate what has blessed your life and the obstacles that you’ve overcome. Some are thankful for life and love, and some are thankful for food and warmth. Do yourself a favor and stop to enjoy this Holiday and the people that are in your life that support you.
Instead of running out at midnight for the ‘Black Friday’ madness, and taking special time away from you and your family, use the internet to your advantage. I understand about saving a buck but you can get some great deals right here on line. My sponsors on the right side of this page have given discount links that can help us save this weekend. Just click on the link for the codes.
Time goes by so fast and things can change your life in a blink of an eye. Choose how you spend your time wisely.
A life well lived is priceless ….Happy Thanksgiving =)
In the rush of the day, you get the kids ready, get your spouse out the door, feed and walk the dogs, then off to work, fight thru traffic, to kiss up to your boss and coworkers and then go home to do homework and take care of chores. What have you done for me lately?
Yes, you??? November is a month of giving thanks and sharing special moments with family and friends. Try to look at the inspirations of life like the falling leaves in rich colors, beautiful sunsets, even a song that brings you to a wonderland of peace. Understand that life goes on whether you do that next load of laundry or forget to pick up that dry cleaning. Take some time for you everyday! Living in the moment can change your outlook and your inner beauty. Find something that makes you smile like getting your hair done or take a walk, do some yoga….whatever makes you stop and feel good.
Is one hour too much to ask for? Break it down into 2 halves, one in the morning and one at night. Make someone else laugh, donate to a charity, even chat with a friend. All these things make you the person you are and by getting lost in life, is not fair to you or the ones you love. Live life to your fullest capacity, you only have one time around and this not a dress rehearsal, you deserve it!
I always say….”when the Queen is happy, the world is happy!” Enjoy =)